ASDSO's only formal chapter is the New Jersey/Pennsylvania Council for Safe Dams (CSD).
ASDSO formed the Council for Safe Dams (CSD) several years ago in an effort to explore the possibility of developing chapters across the nation. Although the development of other chapters did not occur, the CSD remained in place an active. Now, CSD provides assistance to the state dam safety programs in New Jersey and Pennsylvania and is composed of dam owners, regulators, and consulting engineering professionals in those states.
Mission and Objectives
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences on dam safety issues.
- Foster interstate and governmental cooperation.
- Provide information and assistance primarily to state dam safety programs and to the ASDSO membership.
- Provide representation of dam safety interests before state legislatures and state interests before Congress, federal agencies, and all forums responsible for dam safety.
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of state dam safety programs.
- Foster public awareness of dam safety.
Membership is open to all members of ASDSO whose address of record is within New Jersey or Pennsylvania.
Recently, CSD worked with the State of New Jersey to implement the "Dam, Lake, Stream, Flood Control, Water Resources, and Wastewater Treatment Project Bond Act of 2003." A total of $95 million was made possible through the program. An effort is also underway to mirror the New Jersey funding program in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
In partnership with New Hampshire Dam Safety, CSD volunteers are organizing the regional dam safety conference for the Northeast Region to be held in Manchester, New Hampshire on June 5-7, 2007.
- Eric Ditchey, P.E., Chair, McCormick, Taylor & Associates
- Leo J. Coakley, P.E., P.P., Vice President, Hatch, Mott MacDonald
- Keith A. Pytlik, P.E., Senior Engineer/Projects Manager, North Jersey District Water Supply Commission
- John H. Moyle, PE, Department of Environmental Protection, NJ
- John Ritchey, PE, Department of Environmental Protection, NJ
- Mike Conway, P.E., P.L.S., Department of Environmental Protection, PA
- Christopher M. Hager, PE, Langan Engineering
- Dick Horvath, Gannett Fleming
- Ken Fosnaught, Lake Meade Property Owners Association
- Christopher S. Adams, P.E., President, Civil Dynamics, Inc.
- Joseph R. Kula, P.E., Vice President, URS Corporation
- Anthony L. Fernandes, P.E., Manager, Engineering, Design & Construction, Aqua Pennsylvania, Inc.
- Rodney E. Holderbaum, P.E., Vice President, Gannett Fleming, Inc.
- John Harrison, P.E., Schnabel Engineering
Organizationally, ASDSO is divided into 4 regions. Regions elect representatives to the Board of Directors and sponsor regional conferences. For more information on these conferences click on the link to each region.
US Virgin Islands