The failure of dams and the great destruction and loss of life failures often cause, is a matter of deep concern to the members of the Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO). ASDSO is a national non-profit organization serving state dam safety programs and the broader dam safety community, which includes federal dam safety professionals, dam owners and operators, engineering consultants, emergency managers, manufacturers, suppliers, academia, contractors, and others interested in improving dam safety.
A future where all dams are safe.
Improve the condition and safety of dams through education, support for state dam safety programs, and fostering a unified dam safety community.
- Goal #1:
- Improve state dam safety programs.
- Goal #2:
- Increase awareness of dam safety and its benefits to all stakeholders.
- Goal #3:
- Increase the technical expertise of dam safety professionals and owners/operators.
- Goal #4:
- Develop and implement financial instruments to improve dam safety programs.
- Goal #5:
- Promote and facilitate a consistent approach to standardization for dam safety regulation and technical criteria in all states and federal agencies.
- Goal #6:
- Support levee safety activities consistent with dam safety principles and interests.
For more information on ASDSO, download our Who Is ASDSO brochure.