Welcome to Dam Safety 2016!
September 11-15, 2016 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, PA.
Make your plans now to attend Dam Safety 2016, in Philadelphia! Dam Safety 2016 is one of the leading conferences in the United States dedicated to dam and levee safety engineering and technology transfer.
Register now through the ASDSO Portal or Download the Dam Safety 2016 registration form.
- Full Conference Registration $850 Member/$950 NonMember
- One Day Registration $340 Member/$380 NonMember
- Exhibit Booth Staff $225
- Student Registration $0:
- Elegibility Guidelines - Free registration is only available to full-time undergraduate & graduate students. Please fax or mail a copy of your student I.D. along with the registration form.
- Guest Registration $100; Amish Experience Guest Tour $100
- Specialty Workshops - $300
- Field Trip to Pennsylvania Dams - $75
Attention all agenda speakers, poster & lightning talk presenters, and authors - please see important bulletins, checklists, templates and other helpful details on the PRESENTER's TOOLBOX webpage. This page will be updated periodically as deadlines approach, so please save the link and watch your inbox for reminder notices.
Dam Safety 2016 will feature more than 30 technical sessions on a wide variety of important dam safety engineering and program-related topics. This year's opening plenary session will focus on remembering the Teton Dam failure and understanding the impact of that event in shaping modern dam safety policy. Concurrent sessions on such popular topics as hydrologic modeling, dam owner and regulatory issues, recent extreme storm events, seismic issues, failure modes, and dam assessments round out the three-day agenda. View FULL AGENDA online or download print-ready .pdf.
Poster Presentations and Lightning Talks are a popular enhancement to the technical agenda. This year more than twenty innovative topics will be featured in the poster displays, which will be set up in the conference exhibit hall. Finally, don't miss the entertaining Lightning Talks that will be presented on Monday afternoon, Sept. 12.
Specialty Workshops and Extra Activities
Enhance your Dam Safety 2016 experience by taking advantage of specialty training or networking and social activities. See details on these valuable opportunities:
- Golf Outing, Sunday, September 11
- Kickoff Event at the Fairmount Water Works, Sunday, September 11
- Guest Registration and Amish Experience Guest Tour, Monday, September 12
- Technical Workshops:
(1) The Use of Geophysical Imaging for Dam and Levee Assessment, Thursday, September 15
(2) Definition and Evaluation of Internal Erosion Potential Failure Modes, Thursday, September 15
(3) Dam Removal Training, Friday, September 16
- Field Trip to Pennsylvania Dams, Thursday, Sept. 15
Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania Convention Center
Named by USA Today as one of the "14 places in America you have to visit in 2016", the City of Brotherly Love now proudly bears the title of America's first UNESCO World Heritage City, in recognition of Philadelphia's historic and cultural impact on the course of human events. Other recent accolades include
- Best Place in the United States to Visit (Lonely Planet).
- One of "25 Incredible Destinations" from across the globe (Fodor Travel).
- No. 1 Family Travel Destination (ABC Travel Guides for Kids).
- No. 2 Best Art City in the country (Huffington Post).
Info for planning your trip to the City of Brotherly Love is available at Philadelphia's Convention and Visitors Website.
The newly expanded Pennsylvania Convention Center sits right in the heart of downtown, within walking distance of many of the city's award-winning restaurants and must-see arts and cultural destinations. All of the Dam Safety 2016 conference events will be held in this LEED Gold Certified faciltiy, which has won numerous industry awards for sustainability, engineering, and hospitality.
Dam Safety 2016 attendees have the opportunity to book guestrooms at either of two premier convention center hotels.
The Philadelphia Marriott Downtown Hotel is holding a block of rooms at the ASDSO group rate of $169 plus tax per night, single or double occupancy. The Marriott features an incomparable Center City location, just blocks from the historic square Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, and connected by skywalk to the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
The Loews Philadelphia Hotel has a small block of guestrooms at the government per diem room rate of $174 plus tax per night single or double occupancy. Located across the street from the Pennsylvania Convention Center, the Loews features complimentary Wi-Fi in every guest room, a restaurant and lobby bar, and family-friendly programs for kids and teens.
See all Dam Safety 2016 housing info.
Exhibit, Sponsorship & Advertising Information
If you would like to exhibit, sponsor, or advertise at Dam Safety 2016 please download our 2016 Media Kit now to learn more. To reserve your space, simply download the contract, review the floor plan to select your booth(s), and return the contract to Ross Brown at email@example.com. For more infromaiton contact Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (859) 550-2788.