Congratulations on being selected as a Dam Safety 2017 speaker or poster & lightning talk presenter. The Presenter's Toolbox will be updated regularly with instructions and guidelines to help you prepare for the conference.
INFO FOR POSTER & LIGHTNING TALK PRESENTERS
1. Review your presentation listing and let us know if any changes should be made before printing the conference program.
2. Watch for a separate email message containing the Poster reservation form and presenter's agreement. Sign and return to ASDSO by April 14 to confirm your participation.
3. See details on the lightning talk event, scheduled for Monday, September 11.
3. Poster presenters who are also submitting a paper or extended abstract for the conference proceedings, please download draft paper guidelines here. Deadline: June 9.
INFO FOR AGENDA SPEAKERS
1. Please review the draft session agenda, which lists the session dates, times, and titles. Contact ASDSO right away if any changes need to be made to your agenda listing.
2. Watch for a separate email message containing the Presenter's timeline and agreement. Sign and return to ASDSO by April 14 to confirm your participation.
Additional correspondence available soon:
- Guidelines for formatting and submitting your draft paper. speaker bio, and audio-visual request. Draft Paper Deadline: June 9.
- Guidelines for formatting and submitting your final paper, and a reminder to finalize your audio-visual and author information. Final paper deadline: August 4.
- Guidelines for preparing your agenda presentation, including powerpoint tips and info on coordinating the use of laptops and audio-visual equipment.
Helpful tools and references:
- Final Paper Formatting Template - Required.
- Sample Slides with Acceptable Company Logo Placement
- Creating or Adapting a Slide for 16:9 Ratio Format - recommended!
- Article on Presentation Software Tools (PCMag 2014)
- Presentation Xpert website with many helpful tips on preparing effective slides.
- Avoiding Death by Powerpoint