The Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO) is a national non-profit association dedicated to the improvement of dam safety. ASDSO was created in 1983 in response to an urgent need for establishing and strengthening state dam safety programs and improving interstate communication about dam safety. Becoming a part of ASDSO is a way to join with others to work toward advancing technology, standards and research to a future where all dams are safe.
Associations Goal & Objectives?
- Improve Efficiency and Effectiveness of State Dam Safety Programs
- Foster Public Awareness of Dam Safety
- Provide Leadership
- Exchange Information
- Facilitate the Representation of Dam Safety Interests Before State Legislatures and Congress
Who Should Join?
- State or Federal Dam Safety Officials
- Civil, Geotechnical, Environmental, and Structural Engineers
- Scientist and Technicians
- Dam Owners & Operators
- Service and Product Suppliers
- Engineering Consultants
- Academic Professors and Researchers
- Professional Development
- Networking Opportunities
- Career Growth
- Technical Training
- Voice in Policy Making
- Access to More Than 3,000 Professionals
- The Journal of Dam Safety
- Peer/Program Review
- Committee Involvement
- Legislative Activities
- Information Services
- ASDSO’s “Members Only” website section
- Complimentary archived webinar
Government (Associate) Member ($52) – Open to all state, local, or federal government officials interested in dam safety.
State Voting & State Sustaining Member - Please contact ASDSO for renewal information on these levels.
Affiliate Member Categories – These membership categories are for companies or individuals in the private sector.
- Sustaining Member ($2,817) – Any member may add value to their existing membership and assist in advancing ASDSO’s goals. Please contact ASDSO for further details.
- Affiliate Company Member ($382 – One contact person is designated for each company membership and company employees may join at a reduced employee rate (up to 10 per company membership).
- Affiliate Company Employee ($52) – employees of a member company can receive full member benefits at this discounted rate.
- Affiliate Individual Member ($98) – Individual dam owners, selfemployed consultants, university personnel, and other individuals who’s company is not an ASDSO member.
Special Membership Categories –
- Senior Member ($40) – Any one who has been a member of ASDSO for 5 years or more, is fully retired from active employment, and is 55 years of age or older, or permanently disabled is eligible.
- Student Member ($23) – Student member status shall be granted to an applicant enrolled at least part time and not employed as a full-time professional. Student membership may be maintained only while actively enrolled in school, but for no more than five years.